Cosmo Cocktail Cookie Bars
These cookies bars marry the orange, lime and cranberry flavors of the popular
Cosmopolitan cocktail with the classic lemon bar. A rich shortbread crust with a
hint of lime is topped with a cranberry curd.
- 2 1/4 cups flour, divided
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely
shredded lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) cold butter, cut
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces)
frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange
- 1 tablespoon vodka (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix 2 cups of the flour, confectioners’ sugar, lime peel and salt in large
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resemble coarse
- Press mixture evenly into greased foil-lined 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, granulated sugar, cranberry juice concentrate, remaining
1/4 cup flour, extract and vodka in large bowl until well blended.
- Pour evenly
over hot crust.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar and finely shredded lime peel.
- Cut into bars.
Makes 36 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Test Kitchen Tip: Line pan with foil with ends of foil extending over sides of
pan. Use foil handles to remove baked dessert from pan. Place on cutting board and
cut into bars.
per serving: calories: 116 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 19 g Cholesterol: 34 mg
Sodium: 53 mg Fiber: 0 g Protein: 1 g
Recipe and photo credit: