Cran-Raspberry Butter Bars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cran-raspberry juice concentrate (thawed, if frozen)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- Dash of salt
- 10 drops red food coloring
- Fresh raspberries, if desired
- Fresh mint, if desired
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil.
- Crust: Place almonds and confectioners' sugar in work bowl of food
processor or blender. Process until nuts are finely chopped; set aside.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar in small mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour and nut mixture.
- Pat dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Prick dough all over with tines of a fork.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are light brown and top is still pale. (Do not brown.)
- Topping: Combine egg yolks and granulated sugar in medium saucepan.
- Add juice concentrate, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes
or until thickened, stirring constantly with wire whisk. (Do not boil.) A candy
thermometer will register 180 degrees F to 185 degrees F.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Return to oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Use foil to lift from pan. Cut into bars.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 1 week. Freeze up to 3 months. Garnish
with fresh raspberries and mint.
Yield: one 8-inch square pan
Recipe credit: Challenge Dairy
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes