Cranberry Almond Squares
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons almond meal (finely ground almonds)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds, divided
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, almond meal, baking powder and
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Mix in chopped cranberries and 6 tablespoons slivered almonds. Dough should
have a cookie dough-like consistency.
- Spread dough into prepared pan using a spatula to push into the corners.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons slivered
almonds on top of dough, then sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Yield: 16 squares
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes