Cranberry Cheese Bars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 3/4 cup brown sugar and butter; mix
- Reserving 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture, press remainder firmly
on bottom of greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in
sweetened condensed milk until smooth; stir in lemon juice.
- Spread evenly over prepared crust.
- In another small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cornstarch;
stir in cranberry sauce.
- Spoon evenly over cheese layer.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 24 bars
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes