Cranberry Dream Bars
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) package sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (or any nuts)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan (jellyroll
- Combine butter or margarine (don't use spread), granulated sugar and brown sugar
in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, and beat well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to mixture.
- Stir in white chocolate chips, dried cranberries and nuts.
- Spread dough evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Do not over-bake.
- Cool in the pan, then cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 4 dozen 1 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch bars
These bars freeze well.
Source: Mariani Sweetened Dried Cranberries bag