Cranberry-Filled Cheese Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon firmly packed
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar and butter
or margarine. Mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture. Press remaining
mixture firmly on bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat
in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Spread over prepared
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in cranberry sauce.
- Spoon evenly over cream cheese layer; spread with a
butter knife as necessary.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until topping is golden.
- Cool, then refrigerate.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Makes 24-36 bars. (They are rich, so cut them small.)