Cranberry Pecan Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture
resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add water and vanilla extract; pulse again.
- Press dough into prepared pan and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Bake dough for 15 minutes, until golden.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine whipping cream, brown sugar
and honey. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Spoon filling over crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbling.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into 16 squares.
Yield: 16 bars
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 11/15/2001 10:14 pm.