Creative Pan Cookies
Creative Pan Cookies are a fun bar cookie that is a real crowd pleaser, too.
This is one of our "desert-safe" recipes to send to your loved one overseas. This
recipe has been tested in our kitchen and does meet Middle East guidelines, as well
as U.S. Postal Service mailing regulations.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter-flavored
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12-ounce package)
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped dried apple slices, or raisins
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small mixer bowl.
- Beat sugar and shortening in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour mixture and water.
- Stir in morsels, oats and apples.
- Spread batter into an ungreased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 48 bars (4 dozen)
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé and meals.com.