Creme Brulee Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine,
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brandy or 1 1/2 teaspoons brandy extract or
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar and the butter with spoon.
on bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar with spoon until thick.
- Gradually stir in whipping cream and brandy. Pour over baked layer.
- Bake 40
to 50 minutes or until custard is set and knife inserted in center comes out
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Place bars on cookie sheet lined with
- In heavy 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/3 cup sugar over medium heat until sugar
begins to melt. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved and caramel colored.
- Cool slightly until caramel has thickened slightly.
- Drizzle hot caramel over bars. (If caramel begins to harden, return to medium
heat and stir until thin enough to drizzle.)
- After caramel on bars has hardened, cover and refrigerate bars up to 48
Yield: 3 dozen bars
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 85 (Calories from Fat 55); Total
Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate
9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars ncg); Protein 1g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%;
Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet