Crispy Fudge Treats
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine cereal and sugar in a large bowl; set aside.
- Place chocolate chips,
corn syrup and butter in a 1-quart microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered,
on HIGH about 1 minute; stir gently until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then cut into squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 3 dozen
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 11/2/2001 8:11 am.