Date and Nut Squares
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups finely cut-up dates
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Beat in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Blend flour, baking powder and salt and stir in.
- Mix in walnuts and dates.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares or bars. Cool; remove from pan.
- Dip into confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 16 (2-inch) squares
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.