Double Chocolate Mud Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat together butter and sugar at a medium speed until light and fluffy.
in egg yolks, one at a time, until blended.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Press mixture into prepared pan. Pack down firmly.
- Sprinkle nuts, chocolate chips
and marshmallows over the top of mixture pan.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in brown sugar.
over mixture in pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a crust is formed.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.