Double Chocolate Raspberry
Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 32 (2-inch) crisp chocolate chip cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream (regular, light or no-fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl stir together all crust ingredients. Press on bottom of lightly
greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is set.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling.
- In larger mixer bowl combine sugar and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed, scraping
bowl often, until light and fluffy (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating
well after each addition (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract. Continue
beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Place 1 cup batter in medium bowl; add chocolate. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour white batter over crust.
- Drop spoonsful of chocolate batter randomly over white batter.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, heat jam on high for 30 to 60 seconds, stirring
until slightly melted.
- Drop spoonsful of raspberry jam over batter.
- Hold table knife vertically and pull through batters to create marble effect. (Do not over-swirl.)
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until center of cheesecake jiggles slightly when
gently shaken. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cheesecake may crack on top and continue to set
as it cools.
- Cool completely.
- Cover; refrigerate until serving time (up to 1 day).
- Cut into squares.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves, if desired.