Double Decker Pecan Squares
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Toast pecans in the oven for 10 minutes or until they smell toasty. Chop them
- To make the bottom layer, combine flour, sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl.
- Add butter and use 2 knives or a pastry blender to cut the butter into the cocoa mixture
until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Add egg and stir to
blend. Press the mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the top layer, beat cream cheese with sour cream and sugar
until the mixture is creamy and evenly mixed, scraping the bowl several times as
- Add egg and beat briefly to mix.
- Add milk and flour and beat again to combine evenly.
- Spread on baked crust in pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool, chill thoroughly and cut into squares.
Makes 16 squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.