Dulce De Leche Cream Bars
- 1 (19.5- to 19.8-ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (17 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark-coated metal pan). Position
rack in lower third of oven. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the brownie mix, melted butter and 1 egg with
wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven (leave oven on).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl using the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese,
brown sugar, flour and vanilla extract with electric mixer on high until well
- Add sour cream; mix until blended.
- Add remaining 3 eggs, one at a time,
mixing on low after each addition until just blended.
- Add half the caramel topping; mix on low until blended.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until center is just barely set.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drizzle remaining caramel topping over bars; refrigerate until set.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 24 large or 36 small bars
Source: toledoblade.com - from Camilla V. Saulsbury's Brownie Mix Bliss
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes