Dulce De Leche Cream Bars
- 1 (19.5- to 19.8-ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (17 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark-coated metal pan). Position
rack in lower third of oven. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the brownie mix, melted butter and 1 egg with
wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven (leave oven on).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl using the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese,
brown sugar, flour and vanilla extract with electric mixer on high until well
- Add sour cream; mix until blended.
- Add remaining 3 eggs, one at a time,
mixing on low after each addition until just blended.
- Add half the caramel topping; mix on low until blended.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until center is just barely set.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drizzle remaining caramel topping over bars; refrigerate until set.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 24 large or 36 small bars
Source: toledoblade.com - from Camilla V. Saulsbury's Brownie Mix Bliss
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.