Easy Salted Peanut Chews
Here's an easy homemade way to get the same great flavors of a favorite peanut
- 1 (17.5 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker™ peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) bag peanut butter chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until soft dough forms.
- Press dough in pan using floured fingers.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Immediately sprinkle marshmallows over crust;
bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- In 4-quart saucepan, cook corn syrup, butter, vanilla extract and chips over low heat,
stirring constantly, until chips are melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal and nuts.
- Immediately spoon cereal mixture evenly over marshmallows.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
Prep Time 60 min | Servings 36
Skip the cooking spray and line pan with foil for quick cleanup and easy bar
removal. For a different flavor, try milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
for the peanut butter chips.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Bar Calories 220 ( Calories from Fat
100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg Sodium
160mg Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 15g ), Protein 5g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2
Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker