- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan, and set aside.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar together until
- Add the egg, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter and mix
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Spread the dough into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and immediately sprinkle on the chocolate
chips. Wait for a minute or two, then spread them evenly across the dough as
- While the chocolate is melting, combine in a separate bowl the confectioners'
sugar, remaining peanut butter and evaporated milk. Beat together and spread
onto the melted chocolate, forming a marbled pattern.
- Allow the bars to cool and then cut.
Makes 24 bars.
Adapted from The Coffee House Cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes