European Raspberry Bars
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, pecans, butter and egg. Beat
slowly with an electric mixer until mixture is crumbly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of crumb mixture. Press remaining mixture into the bottom of the
- Spread preserves to within 1/2 inch of the edge of the pan.
- Crumble remaining crumb mixture on top of the preserves.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 16 bars
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.