- 1 pound dried figs, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon non-diet tub-style margarine or butter, cut into small pieces
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Chop the figs and place in a food processor. Puree with on/off turns. Transfer
to a medium saucepan.
- Add the water, honey and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over
medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally,
for 8 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place the flour, oat bran, brown sugar and salt (if
using) in a food processor. Mix with on/off turns.
- Drizzle with the oil and
dot with the margarine or butter. Mix well with on/off turns.
- Press half the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spoon dollops of the fig mixture
evenly over the crust; use the back of a spoon to spread it out evenly.
the remaining crust mixture evenly over the top and spread it out with the back
of a spoon. Press it lightly into place.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 22 to 26 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut while still warm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes