Frosted Banana-Mallo Bars
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups mashed bananas
- Miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops yellow food coloring
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Bars: Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream shortening, sugar and eggs; beat well.
- Stir in baking soda mixture and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients alternately
with bananas, beating well after each addition.
- Spread into greased 15 x 9-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven,
cover with marshmallows and return to oven for 2 minutes.
- Frost with Vanilla Icing.
- Vanilla Icing: Combine confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla
extract; add a few drop yellow food coloring in. Blend until smooth.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes