Frosted Banana-Mallo Bars
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups mashed bananas
- Miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops yellow food coloring
- Bars: Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream shortening, sugar and eggs; beat well.
- Stir in baking soda mixture and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients alternately
with bananas, beating well after each addition.
- Spread into greased 15 x 9-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven,
cover with marshmallows and return to oven for 2 minutes.
- Frost with Vanilla Icing.
- Vanilla Icing: Combine confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla
extract; add a few drop yellow food coloring in. Blend until smooth.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.