Frosted Banana-Mallo Bars
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking
soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups
- Miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
drops yellow food coloring
- Bars: Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream shortening, sugar and eggs; beat
- Stir in baking soda mixture and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients alternately
with bananas, beating well after each addition.
- Spread into greased 15 x 9-inch
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven,
cover with marshmallows and return to oven for 2 minutes.
- Frost with Vanilla
- Vanilla Icing: Combine confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla
extract; add a few drop yellow food coloring in. Blend until smooth.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.