Frosted Carrot Squares
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cup sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups freshly grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half or whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half or whole milk (or enough to make a spreading consistency)
- Squares: Beat eggs until light.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Alternately add vegetable oil and combined dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in carrots, coconuts and walnuts.
- Spread evenly in two greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Set pans on wire racks to cool.
- Spread with Cream Cheese Frosting. Cut into bars to serve.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Blend cream cheese with the 1 tablespoon half-and-half
or milk, beating well.
- In large bowl combine confectioners' sugar, the 3 tablespoons half-and-half
or milk, vanilla extract and salt. Beat to mix thoroughly.
- Frost carrot bars.
Yield: about 6 dozen bars