Frosted Orange Spice Bars
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins or mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Bars: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine orange juice concentrate, oats, fruit and nuts; set aside.
- Cream together shortening and sugar; beat in molasses and egg. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda and spices. Stir into molasses mixture.
- Add fruit mixture. Blend well.
- Spread evenly into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Icing: Frost with icing made by beating orange juice gradually into confectioners'
- Cut into 36 bars.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes