- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can solo fruit filling
- Chopped nuts
- Mix butter and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Add 4 egg yolks and flour.
- Put into freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Pat dough onto a 13 x 9-inch cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes in 300 degree F oven.
- As soon as this is done, spread with fruit filling.
- Beat 4 egg whites until stiff.
- Add remaining 1 cup sugar and vanilla extract.
- Spread over filling and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- Let set for 5 minutes, then cut into squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.