Fruit Cobbler Bars
- 1 cup jam or fruit preserves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup
- Combine butter and sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking powder
and oats until crumbly. Reserve 1/4 cup of mixture.
- Pat remaining mixture into a greased 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
jam or fruit preserves over crumb crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until brown.
- Cool, cut into
bars and place in refrigerator.
Yield: 9 to 12 bars