- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs (beat by hand one egg at a time to mixer)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups flour
- Pie filling (choice of fruit)
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients except
pie filling and mix together; pour onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Score with wooden pick or knife into squares.
- Drop a teaspoon of pie filling in center of each
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Have made with a can of apple pie filling and also cherry, very good.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 7, 2001.