Fruity Pistachio Bars
- 1/4 cup dried dates and apricots, finely diced
- 1 1/4 cups American pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup crisp and delicate oat flakes
- Heat oven to 320 degrees F (275 degrees F, convection oven).
- Heat oil and honey with dates, apricots, American pistachios and oat flakes;
- Smooth the fruit and American pistachios mixture about 1/2-inch thick on
a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 320 degrees F (275 degrees F, convection oven)
for about 30-35 minutes.
- Cut the still slightly warm mixture into 8 bars (approximately 1 x 3 1/2
inches); let it cool completely.
- Pack, and carry bars as desired.
Yield: 8 servings | Prep time: 60 min | Baking time: 30-35 min
Recipe and photo credit: American Pistachio Growers