These are very good soft cookies.
- 4 (1 ounce) squares dark, bitter, unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melt the chocolate, being careful not to burn it. Using a wooden spoon or
mixing fork, mix in the sugar. It will be pretty stiff.
- Thoroughly mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Work the flour in thoroughly. The resultant dough
will be very thick, sticky and heavy.
- Spread out on a greased baking sheet (you
can use nonstick and a pan spray, if you like), about 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 18 minutes only! You want
them under-baked a little bit or you won't be able to chew them.
- Cut into squares.