Glazed Cinnamon Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, separated
- Dash of salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15 x 10-inch baking pan.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, egg yolk and salt. Beat until creamy.
- Stir in flour and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Spread thick batter into prepared pan.
- Beat egg white until foamy.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar.
- Brush mixture over batter.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- While hot, cut into 48 bars.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.