Golden Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar and beaten egg; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in
- Reserving 2 cups crumb mixture, press remaining mixture on bottom of
13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, with mixer, beat sweetened condensed milk with peanut butter
and vanilla extract.
- Spread over prepared crust; top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Cut into bars.
- Store covered at room temperature.