Gooey Mixed Nut Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can salted mixed nuts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Using pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press mixture evenly
into ungreased 11 x 7-inch baking pan to form a base.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until edges are light brown.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the butterscotch
chips and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until chips are melted, stirring
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread mixture evenly over base.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more until edges are bubbly.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes