Gooey Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in 3/4 cup butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press the mixture evenly into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned; set
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and 1/2 cup butter.
Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Gradually stir about 1/2 cup of the hot mixture into eggs.
- Return all mixture to saucepan.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla extract.
- Pour nut mixture over baked crust.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes more or until the filling is set.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars to serve.
Source: Midwest Living