- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup
plus 2 tablespoons instant cocoa mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 1 1/3 cups butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint
extract or Creme de Menthe
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Bars: In large bowl, mix together all base ingredients except nuts.
in nuts and pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until center is soft and edges are slightly firm,
about 40 to 45 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Let cool.
- Mint Frosting: In small bowl, combine all ingredients and spread over cooled
- Place in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Glaze: In small saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate and butter together
and pour evenly over frosting.
- Refrigerate until hard.
- Carefully cut into bars and remove from pan.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.