- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 bar guava paste
- Cream butter.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Gradually add flour and mix.
- Fold in nuts.
- Spoon 1/2 of the batter into greased square pan.
- Top with slices of guava paste.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.