Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped Macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter until light.
- Gradually blend in sugar.
- Add eggs; mix well and blend in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in drained
pineapple, nuts and coconut.
- Spread in a greased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 or 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Cut into bars with sharp knife.
- If desired, roll bars in confectioners'
sugar or serve squares with whipped cream or ice cream.
- You can also frost with
a pineapple frosting.