Hawaiian Mocha Dream Squares
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons ground espresso (fine grind)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot espresso
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate squares
- Coat an 8-inch square pan with butter or oil.
- Bottom layer: Melt 1/2 cup of the butter in a 2-quart pan or bowl. Remove
from heat. Stir in the cocoa, and 4 tablespoons of the ground coffee. Add the
egg and the vanilla extract. Mix completely. Gradually stir in the Graham cracker
crumbs (mixture will be thick). Mix in the nuts and the coconut. Press into
the pan. Chill.
- Middle layer: Cream 1/4 cup of the butter until soft. Gradually add the
sugar and mix until smooth. Stir in only enough liquid espresso to make the
mixture smooth and easy to spread. Spread over the bottom layer. Chill.
- Top layer: Melt the chocolate and the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a
double boiler. Stir in the remaining ground coffee. Spread thinly and evenly
over the second layer. Chill.
- After the top layer has set (refrigerate for at least 1 hour), cut into
squares and serve.
Makes approximately 36 squares.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes