- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, the baking soda, the salt, the cinnamon,
the nutmeg and the cloves.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter with the brown sugar,
beat in the egg, and beat in the molasses.
- Add the flour mixture, beating the
mixture until it is just combined, and stir in the raisins and the walnuts.
- Spread the mixture in prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a tester comes
- Let the mixture cool completely in the pan on a rack, then cut it into 24
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.