Hershey's Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold
butter or margarine
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) Hershey's semi- sweet chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour and brown sugar; cut in cold butter
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips; press mixture on bottom of ungreased
13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla
- Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups chips and nuts.
- Spread evenly over baked
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire
- Cut into bars.
Yield: about 36 bars