- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 3/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, divided
- Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl.
- Beat 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter in large mixer bowl
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until crumbly.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups morsels and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Press dough onto bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining brown sugar until stiff peaks form; spread over
- Sprinkle with remaining morsels and remaining nuts.
- Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is
set and lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars while still warm.
Yield: 3 dozen