Hungarian Pecan Bars
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 egg whites
- Confectioners' sugar
- Sift flour, salt and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- Blend in butter; add the egg yolks and brandy. Pat evenly into a 15 x 10
x 1-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- In heavy saucepan, put remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, pecans, brown
sugar, cinnamon and egg whites. Cook, stirring, over low heat until sugars dissolve.
Increase heat and cook until mixture no longer clings to sides of pan.
- Spread on baked mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cool slightly. Cut into bars. Dust cookies with confectioners' sugar,
- Store airtight.