Iced Lemon Butter Bars
- 1 1/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the 1 1/3 cups sifted flour, 1/4 cup sugar and butter in bowl. Blend
until dough forms a ball.
- Pat into ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine eggs, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, lemon peel and
lemon juice in bowl; blend well.
- Pour over partially baked crust.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over top.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 16 bars
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes