Jam Dandy Date Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces chopped dates (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, nuts and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Reserve 2 cups for topping and press
remainder into bottom of prepared pan.
- Spread with cooled date jam and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 to 33 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely, and cut into bars.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes