Jam Dandy Date Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces chopped dates (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup firmly
packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, nuts and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in
butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Reserve 2 cups for topping and press
remainder into bottom of prepared pan.
- Spread with cooled date jam and sprinkle
with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 to 33 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely, and cut into bars.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.