Jam Dandy Date Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces chopped dates (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, nuts and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Reserve 2 cups for topping and press
remainder into bottom of prepared pan.
- Spread with cooled date jam and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 to 33 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely, and cut into bars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.