Kahlua Cheesecake Bars
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua or strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Sour Cream Layer
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Brownie Layer: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Set aside to
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, eggs, powdered coffee and vanilla extract
- Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spread batter in an even layer in prepared pan.
- Cheesecake Layer: Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl with
an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in liqueur, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Carefully pour over brownie layer and spread in an even
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top is almost set.
- Sour Cream Layer: Mix sour cream and sugar.
- After bars have baked 20 minutes,
remove pan from oven and carefully spread sour cream mixture over top.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack before cutting in bars.