Kahlua Cheesecake Bars
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua or strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Sour Cream Layer
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Brownie Layer: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Set aside to
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, eggs, powdered coffee and vanilla extract
- Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spread batter in an even layer in prepared pan.
- Cheesecake Layer: Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl with
an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in liqueur, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Carefully pour over brownie layer and spread in an even
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top is almost set.
- Sour Cream Layer: Mix sour cream and sugar.
- After bars have baked 20 minutes,
remove pan from oven and carefully spread sour cream mixture over top.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack before cutting in bars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.