Kahlua Dream Bars
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Base: In large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and salt until light
- Add 1/2 cup flour at a time, blending after each addition.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread evenly over bottom of buttered pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then remove to rack.
- Topping: Beat eggs, coffee powder and salt until light.
- While beating constantly
at medium-high speed, slowly add sugar, beating until mixture is thick and pale
and ribbons form when beaters are lifted - 5-10 minutes.
- With mixer running, gradually add 1/2 cup Kahlua, then flour and baking
powder. Beat only until combined.
- Fold in coconut, then pour evenly over baked crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons Kahlua.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until top is set and
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Cut into 48 squares.
Store airtight one week, freeze for longer storage.