Kahlua Dream Bars
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Cookie Base: In large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and salt until light
- Add 1/2 cup flour at a time, blending after each addition.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread evenly over bottom of buttered pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then remove to rack.
- Coconut-Kahlua Topping: Beat eggs, coffee powder and salt until light.
- While beating constantly
at medium-high speed, slowly add sugar, beating until mixture is thick and pale
and ribbons form when beaters are lifted - 5-10 minutes.
- With mixer running, gradually add 1/2 cup Kahlua, then flour and baking
powder. Beat only until combined.
- Fold in coconut, then pour evenly over baked crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons Kahlua.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until top is set and
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Cut into 48 squares.
Store airtight one week, freeze for longer storage.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.