Kahlua Praline Bars
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Kahlua liqueur
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua liqueur
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8- or 9-inch-square pan with parchment,
letting two opposite ends hang slightly over sides of pan.
- Crust: In large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, butter and pecans;
mix well. Pat into bottom of prepared pan.
- Filling: In saucepan, melt chocolate, shortening and butter.
- Remove from heat; stir until smooth and slightly cooled.
- Beat in sugars and vanilla extract.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in Kahlua, flour and salt.
- Add pecans.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until fudgy. Do not over-bake.
- Let cool.
- Frosting: Beat together butter, Kahlua, confectioners' sugar and
milk. Add more Kahlua if necessary to achieve spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled cake (either in the pan, or lifted out by the parchment paper handles).
- Let frosting set; slice into bars.
Yield: about 30
Nutrition facts per bar: 184 calories, 10 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 27 mg
cholesterol, 22 g carbohydrates, 2 g protein, 28 mg sodium, 1 g fiber
Source: America's Hometown Cookbook (11th edition of the Iowa State
Fair cookbook) - recipe by Nancy Gabriel, Johnston, Iowa, First Place, 2001 Cookies,
Bar Cookies, Three Layer Bars
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.