Kangaroo Cookies (Australia)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend butter, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, lemon rind and vanilla extract.
- Beat in egg yolk.
- Add flour alternately with water.
- Add semisweet chocolate chips.
- Beat egg white until stiff but not dry.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar
gradually until the mixture is stiff and satiny.
- Fold into semisweet mixture.
- Pread in wax paper-lined 12 x 8-inch pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool, then sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Cut into squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.