Key Lime Bars with Macadamia Crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 6 tablespoons butter cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream whipped
- Process flour and next four ingredients in a food processor until finely
- Press mixture in to a greased aluminum foil lined 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Heat 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup lime juice over low heat stirring until sugar
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir gelatin
mixture and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add hot mixture stirring until gelatin dissolves.
- Whisk in sweetened condensed milk and grated lime rind.
- Place bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice.
- Whisk mixture for 10 minutes or until partially set.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour evenly over prepared crust.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Cut into diamond shapes.
- Garnish if desired.
Yield: 24 bars
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 11/12/2001 7:11 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.