A shortbread crust holds a flavorful kiwifruit custard filling. If you like the
traditional lemon bars, you will love these!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 California kiwifruit, pared and purėed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine flour and 1/4 cup powdered sugar; cut butter into flour mixture until mixture looks like cornmeal.
- Pat into 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar, kiwifruit, eggs, lime juice, lime peel and baking powder; pour over baked crust.
- Return to oven. Bake for 25 more minutes.
- Cool; sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar.
- Cut into 16 squares.
Recipe credit: California Kiwifruit Commission
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes