A shortbread crust holds a flavorful kiwifruit custard filling. If you like the
traditional lemon bars, you will love these!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 California kiwifruit, pared and purėed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine flour and 1/4 cup powdered sugar; cut butter into flour mixture until mixture looks like cornmeal.
- Pat into 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar, kiwifruit, eggs, lime juice, lime peel and baking powder; pour over baked crust.
- Return to oven. Bake for 25 more minutes.
- Cool; sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar.
- Cut into 16 squares.
Recipe used with permission from
the California Kiwifruit Commission.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.