Lavender Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 (12-ounce) box crispy rice cereal
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- In large pot, melt butter over low heat.
- Add lavender and salt and cook
for about 5 minutes over low heat to infuse butter, stirring frequently.
- Add marshmallows. Cook until they are completely melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cereal and stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture onto a large jelly roll pan. To create an even layer, place a piece of wax paper
over the pan and gently roll over with rolling pin.
- Melt chocolate using a double boiler over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Or, place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring
every 30 seconds.
- Spread chocolate evenly over marshmallow mixture.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate pan at least 30 minutes before cutting bars and serving.
Yield: 20 bars
Recipe and photo credit:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin