Layered Krispy Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup plain M&M's
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and bake 2 to 3 minutes longer. Cool.
- For topping, combine corn syrup, butter and chips in a saucepan over medium
heat until all has melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract,
cereal, peanuts, Rice Krispies and M&M's.
- Spread over crust.
- Cool completely before cutting.