- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Sifted confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry
blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Press lightly onto bottom and halfway up sides of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Filling: Beat sweetened condensed milk and eggs in large mixer bowl until
- Beat in lemon juice, flour, baking powder, salt and food coloring just
- Fold in lemon peel; pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Cut into bars; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 4 dozen bars
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.